The league is kindly sponsored by
New and Used Caravan Sales, Motorhome Sales, Accessories, Servicing and Repairs
Following the Government announcement this afternoon the committee have decided that all fixtures will now be postponed forthwith which includes tomorrow night.
A further update will follow when the government advice changes.
League week 1
League week 2
K O Cup Rd 1
League week 3
League week 4
K O Cup Rd 2/Sub Cup Rd 1
League week 5
League week 6
Singles Rd 1
League week 7
League week 8
Doubles Rd 1
League week 9
League week 10
K O Cup/Sub Cup 1/4 Finals
League week 11
League week 12
League week 13
League week 14
League week 15
League week 16
League week 17
League week 18
K O Cup/Sub Cup 1/2 Finals
League week 19
League week 20
League week 21
League week 22
K O Cup/Sub Cup Finals
|Doubles||K O Cup||Mixed doubles||Singles|
|Subsidiary cup||Subsidiary doubles||Subsidiary singles|
THETFORD & DISTRICT CHARITY POOL LEAGUE
MINUTES OF A COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD AT STANFORD WAY THETFORD ON 16 DECEMBER 2019
Present: D Wing (Chairman), D Buller, K Young, P Lumbard
Apology: J Vincent
MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 7 October 2019 were approved.
2. Minute 3 - Facebook page - the roll of honour and past photos needed to be obtained from Derren Pusey. JV was not present but it was felt the setting up of the page was outstanding. ACTION JV
3. Minute 5 - trophies - DW reported that the annual trophies had now all been engraved. It was noted that several venues did not want to take custody. Any venue wishing to have the trophies should contact DW to arrange collection. ACTION CAPTAINS
4. Minute 16 - finals night - Exservice club needs to be booked. ACTION PL
5. DW reported that he felt the league was running well. Overall the feed back on the change of format for the competitions had been favourable.
6. DB reported that most teams were now submitting scorecards on the night of the game. This was to be encouraged and as a result the various tables were generally updated on the website by 9.00am on the Wednesday morning.
7. The subscription for website package provided by Redseal has recently been renewed at a cost of £40 for a 12 month period.
8. As reported above favourable feedback on the change of format for the singles and doubles. There were some problems with the singles due to transport for non-drivers for out of town venues as the draw wasn't on the website. Getting draws to the venues had also been an issue. Lessons were taken on board for the doubles where the draw was put on the website and also those losing in round 2 having had a bye in round 1 being allowed to then play in the sub event.
9. The format of the next round was then discussed. It was agreed to draw the participants to the venues and leave the actual specific draw until the night which would ensure the byes could be considered taking into account any no shows.
10. The draws then took place. It was noted that all of the singles and doubles could be played down to the finalists for finals night. This would leave 19 May 2020 free for a fundraising charity night.
11. DB had obtained details from Barclays on how to get on line access to the bank account which he had passed to DW.
12. DW needs to activate this and check that all monies have been received for the singles and doubles. ACTION DW
13. The bank mandate also needs updating. ACTION DW
14. A full treasurers report will be provided at the next meeting. ACTION DW
15. KY reported that he had identified about 50 charities in Thetford. He would prepare a shortlist of potential worthy causes for the committee to consider for making a donation. ACTION KY
16. KY is keen on having a fundraising night which as reported above will now be held on 19 May 2020. ACTION KY
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
17. DB reported that the annual subscription to the Norfolk EPA would be due soon. The cost is only £10 but there was a discussion of what we have got out of it. In summary players in the league could participate in the Norfolk pool team trials. We could also enter a team to represent the league in the superleague. We also could enter 2 teams in the national champion of champion event (being div1 and cup winners). DB reported he had tried to do that last year but by the time the league had finished it was too late to enter. He felt communication from Norfolk EPA was poor. It was felt there might be interest in forming a superleague team - details to be put on our website. ACTION DB
18. The next meeting will be held at Stamford Way on 20 April 20120 commencing at 7.30pm (PL please note!).